We get it. Your life is busy. You work hard. You have other obligations. Maybe it's family. Maybe it's continuing education. Maybe it's community service. Maybe it's plugging into an audiobook or podcast and running for a couple of hours at the end of the day just to clear your head. Maybe you waited until the end of the year to use up your stockpile of vacation days and the plane to Rome leaves tomorrow.
If you're reading these words, however, then there's an excellent chance that you have at least one current IT certification. And if you have at least one current IT certification, then we really need your help. If you haven't already taken our big year-end Salary Survey, then now is the time to do so. And if you have already taken it — thanks for that, by the way — then we need you to get all of your certified friends to do the same thing.
We've even extended our deadline: You now have until noon on Friday, Nov. 18 to take the survey.
We've already had a strong response. Quite a few certified professionals have already done what we're asking you to do. We want our data to be as representative as possible, however, of the worldwide IT certification population. So we need participation from as many people as we can beg, borrow, arm-twist, or cajole into answering a few questions. So take our survey, please!
Or maybe enjoy the following Top 10 list of Reasons to Take the Salary Survey and then go take it. Without further ado:
10) Everyone else is doing it. Yeah, we know what your mom said about "everyone else" and the things that they do. Would you vote for Donald Trump just because everyone else is doing it? (Hmm. Too soon?) Look, Mom, sometimes everyone does something because it's the right thing to do.
9) Get a free one-year subscription to the digital edition of Certification Magazine. Because who doesn't like free stuff? And who doesn't like certification? Just take the survey all the way to the end, and a free one-year digital subscription is yours for the taking.
8) It's what Arnold Schwarzengger would do. Who doesn't want to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger, right? He'd probably even have a cool one liner about certifications, or maybe he'd just do that super intense thing like in that one movie about the alien predator from outer space: Get to the choppah!
7) Get 40 percent off the regular cost of a one-year print subscription to Certification Magazine. It's like we're giving this thing away, right? We won't even make you choose between getting 40 percent off the cost of a print subscription and getting the digital edition for free. Take the survey and you can have them both!
6) Do it for the Gipper. That's a sports thing, right? Well, certification is sort of like a sport. You have to train in order to excel, and you get recognition for your success. It's open-and-shut: Sports and certification are practically the same thing. Now don't let us down.
5) The Salary Survey is 100 percent Kardashian-free. I mean, how many things in life can we really say that about in 2016? Think about how much time you spend on the internet, which is practically riddled with Kardashians. The Salary Survey is also non-GMO, free range, has no hormones, and is locally sourced and organically grown.
4) Do it for the sake of data. Not Data from Star Trek. Although you could totally do it for him if you like. He'd probably be pleased if he knew. Take the survey so that we get better data about certification and salaries. It's a win-win: We have more work to do, and you get better survey results. (Wait, what?)
3) There are two little words that will open any door. Please take the survey. See? It's almost like you can't not do it, because we asked nicely. Also, thank you for taking the survey. (Bam! You're totally locked into this thing now.)
2) [REASON TO TAKE SURVEY GOES HERE]Note to self: Don't forget to come back and finish this one.
1) The world could end tomorrow. On the bright side, none of us would ever have to be stuck in traffic, or shovel snow in winter, ever again. Ask yourself, though, do you really want to go to your grave with the knowledge that you could have taken the Salary Survey and didn't do it? You gotta live life while you can!