Big data is a big deal in IT these days, and the Apache Hadoop framework is one of the tools making it possible to manage all the data. An assortment of utilities — all open-source — Hadoop makes it possible to use a network of computers for scalable, distributed storage, and big data processing.
How well do you know the elements, syntax, and semantics of Hadoop? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions not centered around any one certification but based on the general concepts documented at the Apache Hadoop homepage.
In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. In a Hadoop cluster, which two machines are typically exclusively designated as master (choose two)?
Web App Proxy
MapReduce Job History
2. Which Hadoop command is used to recursively copy file or directories?
3. What will the command hadoop jar do?
Create an archive file
Create a self-contained workspace
Run a jar file
Track usage in a log file
4. Which of the following files should be used to list all slave hostnames or IP addresses, one per line?
5. Which of the following commands gets a delegation token from a NameNode?
6. With Hadoop Key Management Server, if no ACL is configured for a specific key AND no default ACL is configured AND no whitelist key ACL is configured for the requested operation, then access will be:
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the regularly implemented Hadoop modules?
8. HDFS cache directives are identified by a unique, non-repeating integer ID of what size?
9. Which command permanently delete files in checkpoints older than the retention threshold and creates a new checkpoint?
hadoop fs -delete
hadoop fs -censor
hadoop fs -expunge
hadoop fs -remove
10. Which of the following is an Apache alternative to MapReduce that can be used to analyze data in HDFS?
11. Which of the following commands can be used to show computed Hadoop environment variables?
12. Which of the following of Hadoop’s Java configuration files are NOT site-specific?
13. Hadoop KMS (Key Management Server) supports HTTP SPNEGO ______ authentication and HTTPS secure transport.
14. Which of the following must be installed on a Linux host before Hadoop can be set up in a single node cluster?
HTML5 and rsh
Java and Cassandra
Java and ssh
XML and HTML5
15. Which of the following is NOT a Hadoop recognized audience?
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.
1. B and E