In the last installment of our tour through the testing landscape of CompTIA's warhorse Network+ certification, we started the first part of a self-test practice quiz based on the Network+ (N10-006) certification exam. That initial installment looked at 22 questions about topics beneath the Network Architecture domain.
In this second installment, there are 20 questions on Network Operations, as we continue to mirror the actual weighting of the CompTIA exam (this will be followed by 24 questions on Troubleshooting, and the final installment will consist of 34 questions combining the Network Security and Industry Standards, Practices and Network Theory domains).
1. During the first week of your new job, you're instructed to learn everything you can about SNMP and then make sure that it is being properly utilized throughout the network. This instruction is quite vague to say the least. Which of the following versions of SNMP includes enhancements that address security concerns and is now the version you should make sure is in use throughout your network?
2. Which of the following is the authentication strategy supported by SNMPv3?
3. Which of the following corresponds to a Syslog severity level of 5?
4. The network administrator "voluntarily retiring" hands you a collection of data depicting the network under normal operating conditions at various times over the past year. What is this known as?
A. Change document
C. Baseline Reference point
5. You have noticed that a lot of malware is being introduced to the network by home devices connecting that are not running up to date malware scanners. You want to require that all connecting devices are running an approved operating system and current version of antivirus software. What authentication server feature will allow to check for this?
6. You are needing to replace some existing APs and notice that a large difference in price is centered around the gain value on the antennas. Which of the following is a common measurement for gain?
7. You are mapping out the frequencies in use on your wireless networks. Within the 2.4 GHz band, which of the following frequencies is associated with channel 10?
8. Which of the following channels in the 5 GHz band is associated with a frequency of 5.180?
9. Which of the following 802.11 standards is limited to only being able to use DSSS (Direct sequence spread spectrum) for its transmission method?
10. In your wireless network, the 802.11n standard makes it possible to use multiple antennas and spatial multiplexing through which feature?
See answers below. For the remaining 10 questions of this quiz, please visit GoCertify.