Over the past few months, we have taken a look at the current version of the CompTIA Project+ certification exam (PK0-004) and the domains and topics it is comprised of. This vendor-neutral, entry-level exam has a passing score of 710 (on a scale from 100 to 900), and is priced at $329 with a maximum of 95 questions.
How well do you know project management-based concepts? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions based on the general concepts and topics from the exam. In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. Which of the following calculations is the rate at which a project's budget is being spent?
A. Acid ratio
B. Sprint rate
D. Burn rate
2. Which of the following is a document containing all the results of risk analysis and where risk response plans are recorded?
A. Risk register
C. Audit log
D. Gate review
3. You have spent $100,000 on a project that has a budget of $400,000 and is 40 percent complete even though it was supposed to be 50 percent completed by this time. What is the earned value for this project?
4. Which of the following is a hierarchical decomposition of the total scope of work to be carried out by the project team to accomplish the project objectives and create the required deliverables?
B. Work breakdown structure
C. Sprint plan
D. Quality gate
E. Code of accounts
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the methods of conflict resolution recognized by CompTIA for this exam?
6. Which of the following is a time-based schedule containing the networked, detailed tasks necessary for successful contract execution?
7. What is the primary purpose of the project charter?
A. To outline procurement
B. To secure funding
C. To identify the stakeholders
D. To authorize the project
8. The project you are assigned to was supposed to be worth $100,000 today, but the EV is only $75,000. What does the $25,000 difference constitute?
9. What is the term for a formal document that defines the entire scope of the work for a vendor including the deliverables, the costs, and the timeline.
10. Your current project has a budget of $750,000 and is 35 percent completed. $375,00 has been spent so far due to the need to rework some of the deliverables from one vendor. A total of 9 months has been allocated to the project and six months are already gone. What is the current planned value of the project?
11. Which type of diagram can be useful in identifying potential factors that could cause an overall effect with causes grouped into major categories to identify and classify potential sources of variation?
12. Which of the following is an agile approach, or framework, designed to guide teams to the delivery of a product?
13. Which of the following is the best example of a positive risk?
A. Limited funding
B. An increase in insurance premiums
C. New income opportunities
D. An ever-expanding mission statement
14. Which of the following risk strategies should be considered when the risk has a positive impact?
15. What should be kept in a meeting to provide a record of the discussion of the meeting and allow the project manager to reference the details of the meeting at a later date?
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.