Last month, we looked at the updated version of the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam (XK0-004) and the domains and topics that comprise it. This vendor-neutral, entry-level exam has 90 questions and a score of 720 (on a scale from 100 to 900) is required to pass. The exam is priced at $319.
How well do you know the newest Linux-based concepts? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions based on the general concepts and topics from the exam. In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. The switch from init to systemd means that system configuration files are no longer in /etc/inittab, but now where?
2. Which of the following commands will list all available Ethernet bridges on the server?
A. ifconfig show
B. brctl show
C. iface show
D. bridge �all show
3. Which of the following commands can be given at the command line to see a list of available Wi-Fi access points?
A. nmtui devices list wifi
B. nmtui devices wifi list
C. nmcli device wifi list
D. nmcli devices list wifi
4. Which option can be used with "wget" to concatenate together a number of files being downloaded and save them all in a single file with a different name?
5. Which of the following open source software client packages can be used to form a Secure Shell (SSH) connection from a host to a Linux server and is recommended for such?
6. Which mode of "udevadm" can be used to request device events from the kernel?
7. In which of the following modes is SELinux turned on, but security policy rules are not enforced?
8. By default, the "blkid" command lists which available block devices?
A. The default device only
B. All supported
C. All supported formats excluding RAID arrays
D. Only those found in the cache
9. You want to use "lshw" to lists all disks and network interfaces in the system. Which of the following is the correct command to accomplish this?
A. lshw -class (disk|network)
B. lshw -class disk network
C. lshw -classes disk and network
D. lshw -class disk -class network
10. You are new to working with the "git" version-control system and wanting to recursively remove files that are not under version control. Which option with "git" will allow for this?
11. Additional packages for Enterprise Linux, such as Red Hat RHEL, that have been developed, and tested, are included in which of the following?
12. Given the spaghetti-like wiring the previous administrator left you with, you are not 100 percent sure which adapter is connected to the server you are wanting to service. What option can you use with "ethtool" to make the LEDs on the adapter blink?
13. Which of the following protocols provides security for datagram-based applications by allowing them to communicate in a way designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery and uses UDP rather than TCP to create a VPN tunnel?
14. Which of the following downloads a file to the local machine and saves it with the name dulaney.zip?
A. curl dulaney.zip http://certmag.com/overview-comptia-cysa-certification/
B. curl -o dulaney.zip http://certmag.com/overview-comptia-cysa-certification/
C. curl http://certmag.com/overview-comptia-cysa-certification/ dulaney.zip
D. curl -rename http://certmag.com/overview-comptia-cysa-certification/ dulaney.zip
15. By default, "lsblk" displays only non-empty devices. To have it display empty devices as well, which option should be used?
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.