It is necessary to pass two exams to become CompTIA A+ certified: Exam Core 1 (220-1001) and Exam Core 2 (220-1002) — the tenth iteration of these exams. Last month, we looked at Exam Core 1; the focus this time is around on Exam Core 2. The test consists of a maximum of 90 questions that must be answered in 90 minutes with a passing score of 700 (on a scale from 100 to 900), and is priced at $219.
How well do you know the basics of operating systems, security, and other computing concepts? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions based on the general concepts and topics from the exam. In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. Your company is worried about thefts that have happened in the area and wants to implement extra precautions to make sure only authorized users enter the building. Which of the following can be used to prevent non-authorized users from tailgating?
A. Faraday cage
C. Newton box
D. Mesh fence
2. Which keyboard combination will bring up a Run dialog box when currently at the desktop in Windows?
A. Windows key and F1
B. Windows key and P
C. Windows key and A
D. Windows key and R
3. Which regulatory/compliance policy applies to education providers and addresses protections related to educational privacy?
4. The PAE (Physical Address Extension) is implemented in 32-bit operating systems to get around the ability to only address how much RAM?
A. 4 GB
B. 8 GB
C. 12 GB
D. 32 GB
5. Which NTFS file permission gives the users permission to take ownership and change permission?
C. Full Control
6. The primary change plan at your company has failed in a devastating way. An alternate plan is not available. What should you turn to at this time?
A. Change board
B. Rollback plan
C. Soft plan
D. In-person plan
7. What is the minimum amount of free hard disk space needed on a system in order to be able to install a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1?
A. 2 GB
B. 20 GB
C. 30 GB
D. 32 GB
8. Two important metrics that your organization must consider in order to develop a disaster recovery plan that can maintain business continuity are RPO (recovery point objective) and:
9. Working in a command-line window in Microsoft Windows, which tool can be used to copy folders as well as files?
10. Your company currently uses EFS to secure files, but the head of IT wants everyone to start using BitLocker. In preparation for this, what hardware module should you start ordering in new systems?
11. In Windows, a filename has a limitation of up to how many characters in length?
12. You have been sent to a remote site to help a very irate customer with a printing problem. The last two techs to visit this site both report that the customer is next to impossible to please and that the printers they have always need new drivers that never seem to get installed. When you arrive at the location, what should you do?
A. Find the printer in question and immediately check for physical signs of problems (low toner, offline, etc.)
B. Change the configuration on the system policies to always look for and install driver updates
C. Tell the receptionist that you're hear to see an old crank
D. Find the customer and listen with empathy as he explains the problem
13. Which editions of Windows 10 include BitLocker technology?
A. Home, Pro, Education, and Enterprise
B. Pro, Education, and Enterprise only
C. Education and Enterprise only
D. Enterprise only
14. What does an ESD strap use to bleed away an electrical charge?
15. With macOS, what tool lets you browse through folders, storage devices, and iCloud to find files and apps?
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.