The Cassandra database from Apache has become popular for linear scalability, high availability and fault-tolerance. It also provides solutions that are elastic with every node in the cluster being identical.
How well do you know Cassandra? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions not centered around any one certification but based on the general concepts documented at Apache Cassandra.
In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. All mutations local to a Cassandra node are appended to which type logs?
A. System logs
B. Mem tables
C. Commit logs
D. Common logs
2. In Cassandra, what is used to teach it about your network topology so it can route requests efficiently?
3. Adding new nodes in Cassandra is known as:
4. Which of the following accurately describes the difference between full repairs and incremental repairs?
A. Full repairs operate over all the data in the token range since the last repair, while incremental repairs only repair data in ranges specified.
B. Full repairs fix all problems found automatically while incremental repairs prompt for approval before making any changes.
C. Full repairs operate over all the data in the token range being repaired while incremental repairs only repair data written since the previous incremental repair.
D. Incremental repairs are the only types of repairs possible in Cassandra since version 2.1.
5. With Cassandra, a list of the IP addresses of your cluster seeds are stored in seeds. How are entries in this list delineated?
A. colon (:)
B. semicolon (;)
C. comma (,)
D. pipe (|)
6. Which type of compaction will attempt to fix any broken SSTables?
7. By default, what port does Cassandra use for cluster communication?
8. Metrics in Cassandra are managed using which library?
A. Corbis Archive
B. Bettmann Archives
C. Dropwizard Metrics
D. Anderson Public
9. Which of the following is the logger used by Cassandra?
10. Which of the following does Cassandra uses as a testing framework?
11. The default size of the commitlog_segment_size_in_mb variable is?
12. Which type of metric in Cassandra measures mean throughput and 1, 5, and 15 minute weighted moving average throughputs?
13. Which of the following is a tool for benchmarking and load testing a Cassandra cluster?
14. SSTables, the immutable data files used for persisting data, store data in Data.db files. Within the Data.db file, rows are organized by:
15. Which of the following is the API to Cassandra?
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.