There is a vast library of IT certification content here at CertMag.com, and each year it gets a little deeper. With new articles four days a week most weeks during the year, that’s roughly 200 new articles every year. Some are articles previously published in Certification Magazine, but about three-quarters of what you get here on the website is original content.
No doubt there are some of you out there who read everything that shows up here. (Or at least we hope there’s no doubt of that. And if you really are one of those hardcore CertMag readers, then gold star for you. We’d like to shake your hand and buy you a drink.) The average drop-in visitor, however, probably doesn’t get even a real taste of everything that shows up here in a calendar year.
That’s why recaps like this are so helpful. There’s no need to wonder what you’ve missed: Other visitors to the site have already voted with their mouse clicks, and curated a list of the most compelling articles to appear on the site in 2022. We’re going to do this in three installments, comprising the 30 most-read new articles of the year.
Today we’re bringing you our third and final installment, the most popular articles of 2022, numbers 21 through 30:
21) Six ways that getting a certification can positively impact your career: "The U.S. Department of Defense — to cite one prominent example — requires all individuals performing Information Assurance Technical (IAT), Information Assurance Management (IAM), Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP), and Information Assurance Security Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) functions to have approved certifications, as directed by DoDD 8140." (by Reena Ghosh)
22) Salary Survey Extra: Deep Focus on CompTIA Project+: "Whether as a lingering result of the COVID-19 pandemic or for other reasons, a notable percentage of Project+ holders are spending their entire work schedule away from a traditional office, working at home either 40 hours per week (15.6 percent) or more than 40 hours per week (23.5 percent)." (by CertMag Staff)
23) Certification Survey Extra: Rating cloud computing certification study materials: "Let's say you're hungry for a snack, you like chocolate and peanuts, and you're in the mood for a candy bar. There isn't just one chocolate-peanut candy bar out there. You could have a Snickers bar, or a Mr. Goodbar, or a Baby Ruth, or a Whatchamacallit, or a Nutrageous, or a, whoa, look at the time, we'll be here all day." (by CertMag Staff)
24) How to leverage the connections in your professional network: "First up is your boss or manager, someone who has directly supervised your work at your current job or a previous job. Some might say that if it’s a previous job, then the boss is now an industry peer, but I disagree. You may say “former manager” or “previous supervisor,” but that doesn’t really negate the fact that they were your boss." (by Nathan Kimpel)
25) How to write the perfect IT résumé: "If you have gaps in your work history, there’s no need to hide them. The functional résumé is suitable for those who have relevant qualifications and no work experience or gaps. The combination résumé would suit experienced professionals applying for a managerial position." (by Reena Ghosh)
26) Salary Survey Extra: Salaries by employment tier: "Every business has its own pecking order, ofttimes more commonly referred to as an “org chart,” and everyone involved in a given business knows at least approximately where they stand. (Some businesses are more specific about such things than others.) Wherever a given individual ranks, it’s a good bet that the people below them earn less, the people at their level earn about the same, and the people above them earn more." (by CertMag Staff)
27) Computer Programming Certification Survey: Talking to computers is essential to IT: "In 2022, computer programming is much more accessible than it used to be. There are hundreds of computer programming languages and a variety of tools to assist in the process. Even people who aren't computer programmers often use programming languages." (by CertMag Staff)
28) Love IT or Leave IT: Is it time to quit your job?: "What can you do if you are unhappy with your IT job? What should you do? Sometimes you can take action to make things seem new or fresh — to bloom where you’ve been planted. Sometimes a transplant could be the key to revitalization. Maybe you need to look for a different employer, or even switch to an entirely different sector of the IT galaxy." (by Nathan Kimpel)
29) Making the most of your first week at a new IT job: "Once you have landed a new job, making a first impression is probably the easiest thing that you can do. It is also the most important thing. And you can master it in four easy steps." (by Nathan Kimpel)
30) Salary Survey Extra: How big did you say that gorilla is?: "To get back to our original discussion of gorillas, the expression '500-pound gorilla' has proven particularly durable, hanging around in the vernacular of American English since at least the 1950s. Its origin is generally thought to lie in the even older joke, 'Where does a 500-pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere it wants.' You see, the gorilla is so unnaturally large and powerful, etc." (by CertMag Staff)
2022 in Review: Our 10 most popular articles of the year
2022 in Review: Most popular articles 11 through 20