There is a deep well of IT certification content here at CertMag.com, and each year it gets a little deeper. With new articles four days a week most weeks during the year, that's roughly 200 new articles every year. Some are articles previously published in Certification Magazine, but about three-quarters of what you get here on the website is original content.
No doubt there are some of you out there who read everything that shows up here. (Or at least we hope there's no doubt of that. And if you really are one of those hardcore CertMag readers, then gold star for you. We'd like to shake your hand and buy you a drink.) The average drop-in visitor, however, probably doesn't get even a real taste of everything that shows up here in a calendar year.
That's why recaps like this are so helpful. There's no need to wonder what you've missed: Other visitors to the site have already voted with their mouse clicks, and curated a list of the most compelling articles to appear on the site in 2019. We're going to do this in three installments, comprising the 30 most-read new articles of the year.
Today we're bringing you our second installment, our most popular articles of 2019, nos. 21 through 30:
21) Test your knowledge of AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner topics: "The lowest-level certification in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem is that of Cloud Practitioner, considered a foundational certification essential to further exploration of the AWS certification realm." (by Emmett Dulaney)
22) Tech workers have a lot of stress — don't get ground down by burnout: "A recent survey by Blind, an anonymous workplace app for tech workers, found that 57.2 percent of nearly 11,500 respondents said they were experiencing job burnout. Credit Karma and Netflix employees, respectively, reported the highest (70.7 percent) and lowest (38.9 percent) rates. " (by Reena Ghosh)
23) Foundational certifications: Why they are so important: "As noted on Microsoft's website, however, 'MTA exams do not qualify for MCP certification, nor are they a prerequisite for MCSA or MCSD certification.' Without that connection to a valued Microsoft professional certification (e.g. MCP), Microsoft has in my opinion effectively devalued this foundational certification exam." (by Steve Linthicum)
24) Red Hat unveils new-and-improved Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) credential: "The changes to RHCE certification will also drive what Russell said is the front and center, overarching goal of Red Hat certification: customer success. As both IT and IT-adjacent organizations shift philosophies and adopt and integrate new technologies, trained and certified professionals can be a key determiner of success." (by CertMag Staff)
25) Money matters: Do IT certifications guarantee increased income?: "During these years, the IT certification hype grew to outrageous levels. At the peak of the dot-com boom, you could find online and print advertisements depicting nerdy looking guys sitting in Ferraris with beautiful women staring dreamily at them from the passenger's seat." (by Aaron Axline)
26) Job Profile: Become a computer systems analyst: "The main difference between a business analyst and a systems analyst is that the business analyst (commonly called a BA�) is business-oriented and focuses on the broader context of business changes and systems development. A systems analyst, by contrast, will focus on system specific requirements." (by Nathan Kimpel)
27) Pull-dated personnel: The problem of ageism is alive and well in the IT industry: "One morning, my friend was asked to start using a web analytics tool he hadn't worked with before. One of his younger coworkers spent an hour or so showing him the software's dashboard and deeper configuration options. My colleague found some of the interface to be unintuitive and had to ask several questions during the ad hoc training session." (by Aaron Axline)
28) Job Profile: Become a data scientist: "All of our unwieldy masses of unstructured information can no longer be ignored and forgotten. Data reveals trends and properly assessing those trends can unlock a virtual gold mine that helps boost revenue, predict markets, and make the employees like working for you." (by Nathan Kimpel)
29) Salary Survey Extra: Deep Focus on Magento Certified Developer: "Magento's open source e-commerce platform handles more than $100 billion worth of transactions every year, and Magento certification can get you right into the heart of the action." (by CertMag Staff)
30) The problem of certifications that don't measure practical skills: "On a particular Monday morning, I was informed that an intern would be starting midweek. I was asked to shadow and train this individual — let's call him Mark — for a week or two until he knew the ropes and could make his way around and function solo." (by Ken Clark)
Did you miss the Top 10 Most Popular Articles? Click here to get the scoop!
You can also click here for our Second 10 Most Popular Articles.