There is a deep well of IT certification content here at CertMag.com, and each year it gets a little deeper. With new articles four days a week most weeks during the year, that's roughly 200 new articles every year. Some are articles previously published in Certification Magazine, but about three-quarters of what you get here on the website is original content.
No doubt there are some of you out there who read everything that shows up here. (Or at least we hope there's no doubt of that. And if you really are one of those hardcore CertMag readers, then gold star for you. We'd like to shake your hand and buy you a drink.) The average drop-in visitor, however, probably doesn't get even a real taste of everything that shows up here in a calendar year.
That's why recaps like this are so helpful. There's no need to wonder what you've missed: Other visitors to the site have already voted with their mouse clicks, and curated a list of the most compelling articles to appear on the site in 2018. We're going to do this in two installments, comprising the 20 most-read new articles of the year. Today we're bringing you the top of the list, our 10 most popular articles of 2018:
1) Salary Survey 2018: An All-New Salary Survey 75: "Euripides' venerable insight is believed to be the root of the far pithier aphorism, "Money talks,' which has been championed by everyone from Angus Young and Neil Diamond to Han Solo (certainly behaviorally, if not in strict point of dialogic fact)." (by CertMag Staff)
2) Salary Survey 2018: The workplace impact of certification: "Unless your job description is literally 'Drink this but savor it,' however — not likely, given the exceedingly low demand at technology firms for qualified wine tasters — then you are going to need tech skills." (by CertMag Staff)
3) Salary Survey Extra: Deep Focus on Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect - Associate: "For our first Deep Focus article of the new year — and the new Salary Survey — we're going straight to the top. There's a new sheriff in town, a new No. 1 at the top of our new Salary Survey 75 list." (by CertMag Staff)
4) Salary Survey Extra: Deep Focus on ISACA CISA: "The CISA is a recurring presence in our annual Salary Survey 75 rankings (No. 11 on this year's list), and reliably stakes out a position in the upper echelons of IT salary." (by CertMag Staff)
5) Seven tips to help you save big on the high cost of certification: "I had a good friend sit with me and go over flash cards for my CISSP. He was already a CISSP and his knowledge and generous friendship is what eventually earned me my CISSP. I ended up not paying for any training material." (by Nathan Kimpel)
6) Is certification keeping pace with changes in technology and education?: "Harry is an elementary school student who is learning how to code. Perhaps he thinks this skill may one day make him successful in the working world, but he is currently more concerned with reaching higher levels in Minecraft, one of the world's most popular video games." (by Aaron Axline)
7) There are many reasons why a certification can be a valuable career asset: "Nobody in the United States would expect to be permitted to practice law without passing a bar exam. There's no comparable minimum standard, however, that establishes one's competency to work in IT." (by Peter Manijak)
8) Salary Survey Extra: Deep Focus on (ISC)�'s CISSP: "Since its first appearance almost 25 years ago in 1994, CISSP has turned heads among the ranks of hiring managers charged with seeking out skilled information security professionals." (by CertMag Staff)
9) An overview of CompTIA's CySA+ certification: "It is aimed at those in the profession of detecting, preventing, and combating cybersecurity threats, and it fulfills Directive 8570.01-M of the Department of Defense requirements for those working with the military." (by Emmett Dulaney)
10) Salary Survey 2018: Who is getting certifications?: A lot can happen in five years: The Roman cavalry commander Aurelian became emperor, expelled two barbarian hordes from lands controlled by Rome, and reconquered breakaway empires in Gaul and Syria — restoring Roman rule from the North Atlantic to the Red Sea — all between 270 and 275. (by CertMag Staff)
Curious to know which articles just missed the Top 10? Click here for most popular articles Nos. 11 through 20.