Sixteen Companies Earn CompTIA Security Trustmark
CompTIA, a trade association for the world’s information technology (IT) industry, announced that 16 technology service and solution provider companies have attained the CompTIA Security Trustmark.
The CompTIA Security Trustmark validates that the companies use the security processes identified by the IT industry as generally accepted best practices.
“The complexity of the security landscape is leading many organizations to question whether they have the in-house capabilities to handle that complexity. But they are often uncertain about the qualifications of service providers, particularly when it comes to security,” said Todd Thibodeaux, president and chief executive officer at CompTIA.
“The CompTIA Security Trustmark is the standard of quality for information security,” Thibodeaux added. “Companies that attain this accreditation adhere to our industry’s highest standards for security practices and processes.”
Companies earning the CompTIA Security Trustmark include:
- AHR Consulting, Oakland, N.J.
- Alvaka Networks, Irvine, Calif.
- Black Box Computer Consulting, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Cat-Tec, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Computer Transition Services, Lubbock, Texas
- Jenaly Technology Group, Portsmouth, N.H.
- MSPSN, Omaha, Neb.
- Network Management Group Inc., Hutchinson, Kan.
- Preferred IT Group, Columbia City, Ind.
- Ron Cook's Connecting Point Technology Center, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Secure My Company, Encino, Calif.
- TeamLogicIT, Mission Viejo, Calif.
- Technology Specialists, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- tekjet LLC, Denver, Colo.
- Vernon Technology Solutions, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Vital Signs Technology, San Ramon, Calif.
To attain the CompTIA Security Trustmark, companies are independently audited by IT security experts to assess their security policies, capabilities, practices and processes in areas such as business continuity planning; access management; incident management; personnel security; security awareness and training; data protection; technical infrastructure; partner management; physical and environmental security; compliance; and service delivery.