AIIM Introduces New and Improved ECM Certificate Program
Silver Spring, Md. — March 16
AIIM announced the introduction of a new and improved AIIM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Certificate Program. This program incorporates new and emerging best practices and technologies for managing information assets.
More than 50 percent of the course content has been changed or improved based on feedback from AIIM’s Education Advisory Groups that consist of industry experts from different verticals, leading solution providers firms, consultants and analysts.
“Close to 10,000 IT, business and information managers have attended the AIIM Certificate programs over the last three years,” stated John Mancini, president of AIIM. “The training course has now been updated based on changes in the industry, but also incorporated comments made by the thousands of students that have taken the courses, online or in our classrooms.”
The new and improved AIIM ECM Certificate program covers:
- Enterprise strategies and technologies for managing electronic information.
- Technologies and solutions for document management, imaging, electronic records management, Web content management, workflow and document-centric collaboration.
- Information governance structure and responsibilities.
- Corporate instruments such as taxonomies, metadata model and security model.
- Integration techniques and migration.
- Implementation planning and execution according to the open methodology MIKE2.
“The new course also includes changes in the vendor landscape and increased focus on imaging and recognition; taxonomies and tagging; process improvement and automation; Web 2.0 and Enterprise 2.0; and new best practices and standards,” stated Atle Skjekkeland, vice president of AIIM.
“Students who have previously completed the ECM program should consider taking this newer version to enhance their skills and strengthen their learning from the previous course, but also learn about the new and emerging best practices and technologies.”
AIIM is offering a 50 percent discount to previous students when they register for the new course by April 30. The offer is only for previous Practitioner to take the new Practitioner program, previous Specialists to take the new Specialist program, and previous Masters to take the new Master program. For more information, visit www.aiim.org/training.