Guides Help Managers With Vital Component of IT Success: People Skills
Independent publisher IT Governance is delighted to announce the launch of a library of self-help people skills titles to help IT professionals become more effective team leaders, improve their contributions to the business and advance their careers by becoming fully rounded businesspeople.
The move comes in response to a growing awareness in the IT professional and managerial community that to deliver the full benefit of technology to organizations, just as much emphasis on soft skills is warranted as technical competence. It's now become quite evident that IT professionals won't truly get ahead until they understand how their actions and reactions impact on others' behavior and working relationships.
This new series of books aims to provide practical guidance on a range of soft-skills areas for managers in IT and also for others, including those who deal with IT professionals, in order to facilitate more effective and cooperative working practices.
The first four books in this special IT Governance series have been written by widely respected business author, trainer and consultant Sarah Cook, with the fifth being penned by experienced HR consultant and trainer Naomi Karten, drawing on her background in psychology and her technical and managerial experience in IT.
Both authors have combined a highly practical and results-focused approach with a host of tried-and-tested techniques to make the series as easy to read and use as possible for the busy IT professional. The language is jargon-free, with a bibliography and a helpful glossary of terms included at the end of each book.
- Building a High-Performance Team: Proven techniques for effective team working aims to provide a springboard for creating a strong team, detailing how a manager’s work, in IT or elsewhere, cannot be achieved without collaboration and teamwork.
- Coaching for High Performance: How to develop exceptional results through coaching outlines how coaching is a forward-focused and goal-oriented tool for unlocking potential, usable at any time and in any place, via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face, and one which can be invaluable in helping resolve issues with colleagues, key stakeholders and senior management.
- The Effective Manager: Management skills for high performance will help you develop your management skills. Whether you are new to management, or have been a manager for some time, management is a skill that has to be learned and developed in order to gain the trust and respect of team members and achieve group and organizational goals. This book is designed to assist you in understanding the characteristics of a high-performance manager, to help you assess where your strengths and development areas lie and, most importantly of all, create a plan of action for achieving your full management potential.
- Leading for Success: Unleash your leadership potential to achieve extraordinary results is aimed equally at those new to leadership and also at those who have been a leader for some time. Gone are the days when leadership was merely a quality that people at the top of the organization needed to demonstrate: for organisations to succeed, they need distributed leadership, leadership demonstrated at every level throughout the business.
- Changing How You Manage and Communicate Change: Focusing on the human side of change deals with the issue of change from a refreshingly different perspective. In the workplace, all too often, those in charge focus their attention on the technical aspects of change, at the expense of the people. Yet, change will proceed more smoothly and effectively if serious consideration is given to the people aspects.