Interop Announces CSC Gateway Deployments for Nearly 1M Customers
Interop Technologies, a provider of advanced wireless technology solutions for the global wireless, packaged goods and content industries, announced that multiple wireless operators will deploy the hosted Interop Common Short Code Gateway by end of 2008. Together these operators serve nearly 1 million wireless customers in 14 states.
The Interop Technologies CSC Gateway solution makes the mobile experience interactive, enabling wireless customers to choose from a huge selection of the latest wallpapers, ringtones and additional content, as well as participate in short code campaigns. Content purchases are conveniently charged on customers’ regular monthly bills. The new content options are arriving on the operators’ networks in time for the holiday buying season.
The organizations delivering additional content services through the Interop CSC Gateway are:
- Cellular One of East Central Illinois, serving customers in 11 counties of the Prairie State.
- Inland Cellular, covering southeastern Washington and North Central Idaho.
- Revol, serving cities in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and New York.
- Rural Independent Network Alliance, providing switching services for 10 operators in Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming.
- West Central Wireless, operating in 16 counties in western Texas.
The Interop CSC Gateway provides an immediate, single point of contact to numerous content aggregators, enabling operators to expand their content offerings exponentially for customers. The Interop CSC Gateway also supports operators’ businesses with unified billing for Short Message Service and Multimedia Message Service messages, on-deck and off-deck content, local premium and voting campaigns and other value-added services.
“The Interop CSC Gateway will help these growing operators meet the exploding consumer demand for mobile content and generate new revenue streams,” said Damian Sazama, vice president of marketing and product development at Interop Technologies.
“In addition, this hosted solution provides fast time to market at minimal capital investment, effectively enabling community-focused operators to compete with companies many times their size.”