Install and Configure
These questions are based on 847: IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
Self Test Software Practice Test
Objective: Install and configure.
Sub-objective: Configure server fast restart.
Single answer, multiple-choice
Where does Lotus Domino store the ID recovery information?
- In the administrator ID.
- In the user ID.
- In the certifier ID.
- In the Server document.
C. In the certifier ID.
Lotus Domino stores the ID recovery information in the certifier ID. The recovery information contains the following data:
- Name of the recovery administrators.
- Address of the mail database where users will send their encrypted user IDs to be recovered.
- Number of recovery administrators required to recover the user IDs.
You cannot recover a certifier ID. There are multiple ways to set up user ID recovery information:
- You can set up the recovery information at the time of registering a user. The recovery information is automatically added to the user IDs when users log on to the Lotus Domino server.
- You can also choose to set up recovery information after you have registered users. The recovery information is added when the users log on to the Lotus Domino server. There may be instances when the users are logged on when you are adding the recovery information. In this case, the recovery information will be added when the user logs off and then logs back in.
Since users cannot access Domino servers without a User ID file or access documents that were encrypted with their User ID, it is recommended that users keep a backup copy of their ID file in a safe place. Administrators can also set up User ID recovery to recover from lost/damaged ID files or forgotten passwords.
Before a User ID file can be recovered using the User ID Recovery process, an administrator must first specify recovery information in the Certifier ID file and then make the User ID file recoverable. The following methods are available for making the User ID file recoverable:
- At user registration, create the user ID files with a certifier ID that contains user ID recovery information.
- Export User ID recovery information from a certifier ID file and have the users accept it.
- Add user ID recovery information to a certifier that uses the CA Process. When users authenticate with their home server, their user IDs will be updated.
The following User ID Recovery information is stored in the Certifier ID file that is used for making User ID files recoverable:
- The number of administrators required to unlock a User ID file.
- The names of the administrators who are allowed to recover User ID files.
- The address of the User ID Recovery mail-in database where users send an encrypted backup copy of their User ID files.
A single administrator may be designated for recovering User ID files and passwords. However, for security reasons, it is recommended that several administrators be designated. In the User ID Recovery information that is stored in the Certifier ID file, the group of the administrators allowed to recover User ID files is defined, as well as the minimum number of this group of administrators required to unlock a User ID file.